Iran, a country with four different climates
1. Mild and Humid Climate
The southern coasts of the Caspian Sea are included in the temperate regions of the country with moderate weather and high rainfall.
- The characteristic feature of the climate in a temperate and humid climate is rainfall in most of the seasons in the area.
- The average summer temperature is between 25 and 30 degrees in days and between 20 and 23 degrees at night.
- Humidity in the area is very high.
- Rainfall has increased the vegetation cover and the growth of forests in the temperate and humid regions of the southern Caspian Sea.
- The rainfall and moisture content in the temperate and humid area rises from the east to the west along the margin of the sea.
2. Warm and Dry Climate
A significant section of Iran's area is occupied by warm and dry areas.
- The dry winds of these areas are very annoying.
- Desert sky is smooth and no clouds in most of the year.
- The rainfall is low and there is a lot of fog and storms. Low rainfall has reduced vegetation cover in this area.
- The difference between temperature of night and day is high in warm and dry climates.
- The rainfall is very intense and often occurs as a storm.
- The amount of perspiration and evaporation is high in comparison to the annual precipitation.
The climatic characteristics of this climate are hot days and very cold nights, cold and hard winters, and warm and dry summers.
3. Cold and Mountainous Climate
The characteristic feature of the cold and mountainous climate is the extreme cold of winter and mild weather in the summer of this area.The Alborz and Zagros Mountains, located in the center and west of the Iranian plateau, are considered as cold regions of the country.
- The amount of snow in the cold and mountainous climate is very high.
- The difference between the temperature of night and day is very high.
- The dryness of the air in the cold and mountainous areas is annoying.
In these areas, rainfall is low in the summer, and in winter it is mostly snow falling. The successive snow covers most of the hills. At altitudes above 3000 m, there are always snow, and these mountains are the source of rivers and aqueducts in the country.
4. Warm and Wet Climate
The characteristic feature of the climate is the warm and humid area, intense heat and high humidity of the air. This climatic region, along a narrow, almost long coastal strip, which is more than 2,000 kilometers long, starts from the Arvand River in the southwest of Khuzestan Province and ends in the Goethe Bay in the south-eastern of Sistan and Baluchestan Province
- The rainfall in this area is very low. Most rain occurs in autumn and especially in winter.
- The weather in the winter is temperate and pleasant.
- The difference between the temperature of the nights days is low.
- Low rainfall, especially in summer, has led to a decrease the vegetation cover in a warm and humid climate zone.
- Groundwater in this area is often salty.
- Due to direct sunlight and extreme heat, the evaporation rate is very high.
Chart: The amount of rainfall in (ml) in thirty one provinces of Iran – Sep.2018
Rainy Day in Pasargad